Please read our terms and conditions that cover placing an order, payment, competitions, guarantees and our customer service. THE HOME FURNITURE STORE considers these terms and conditions to be very important and help to make our web site a safe and easy place to shop. We encourage you to read through these terms and conditions and understand that by using this web site you agree to the folowing:
General Terms and Conditions
Your contract is with Leisure Traders Ltd trading as THE HOME FURNITURE STORE of Maple Road, Eastbourne, BN23 6NY
Placing an order
You can place an order via our website www.thehomefurniture-store.co.uk by following the prompts that we give you once you have selected your purchase. Or alternatively you can telephone us on 01323 430020 and speak to one of our Customer Service Team.
Once you have placed your order we will send you a confirmation email with the details of your order and any other order related information.
The Home Furniture Store will keep your data securely and will not pass it on to any third parties.
When you have successfully completed placing your order you have also confirmed acceptance of our terms and conditions. The contract that then stands between you and us will be completed when we have subsequently despatched your order.
If, in the rare and unlikely event, we have to cancel your order for any reason, we will notify you as soon as possible. For us to cancel an order, it will only happen as a result of one of the following:
- The product your ordered is unavailable from stock
- The product listing had a pricing or description error
- We are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment
Once you have set up an account with us as part of the order process, you will be able to access your order details from our website.
Making a purchase or creating an account with The Home Furniture Store will automatically suscribe you to our customer database. We will send promotional discounts and our latest news to suscribers. You can stop your subscription to these mail outs by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option at the foot of our emails. Alternatively you can contact one of our Customer Service Team on 01323 430020.
We reserve the right to change without notice the prices and availability of goods.
We will add a delivery charge to your order value where appropriate. Please see our Delivery & Returns section.
All prices quoted on the website are pound sterling and are accurate at the time of publication. Error and omissions excepted. All prices on this site include United Kingdom VAT at the prevailing rate.
You will pay for your order at the time when you place that order. We accept most types of credit and debit cards. Alternatively you can pay by PayPal on our website by following the links. If you have any queries regarding payment or would like to pay over the telephone please contact us on 01323 430020.
We will notify you if we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment for any reason so that we can explore alternative options for payment.
If your order has a lead time of more than 4 weeks, you can opt to pay a mutually agreed percentage of the overall purchase price as a deposit. Once your goods are ready for despatch we will contact you for payment of the balance of the order.
If we need to refund you for any reason we will use the same method which you used for making the payment. This is for your security and protection.
All voucher codes, when used, will comply with our fair use policy. We can decline to accept a voucher code if we feel that its use does not comply with our terms and conditions. Vouchers can only be used for new orders.
Facebook Competitions and Offers
By entering any of our facebook competitions or offers you are confirming your agreement to our terms and conditions and the following rules:
- Contest entrants must be residents of the UK mainland and over 18 years old at the time of entry
- Contest is not open to employees of The Home Furniture Store
- No purchase is necessary
- Only one entry per person
- We will select the winner of the competition or offer at random from all entrants
- We will notify the winner of the contest via Facebook. You must claim your prize within 7 days.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash (or any other substitute)
- If, in the unlikely event, we no longer have stock of the advertised prize, we reserve the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The Home Furniture Store reserves the right to amend the rules of it competitions or offers without notice.
- If we do amend the rules we will publish the new version here under terms and condtions.
- We will despatch any competition prizes within 30 days of the competition end date. We cannot, however, guarantee this delivery time.
- Facebook does not endorse or have any connection to any of our competitions or offers.
Stock permitting, we despatch all orders as soon as possible for your delivery to reach you within the designated delivery period as listed under each product regarding the relevant carrier options. In the event that an item is out of stock, we will notify you of the delay and despatch it as soon as it arrives.
We take every care to ensure that the descriptions and specifications are correct at the time of going to press. However, we cannot confirm definatively that all specifications and descriptions of products on this website are without errors as they are intended only to give a general description of the products and all sizes are approximate.
Furthermore, while the colour reproduction is a close representation,there may be a very slight variation in the actual goods.
If it is essential that the measurements are accurate on an item then please contact us prior to ordering and we will be happy to help. We will not be liable for the cost of returning items that are not the right size for your purposes if you have not checked with us beforehand.
Our stock levels are updated once every 24 hours, therefore a product may sell out during the time you have placed your order. If this does happen we will contact you with an alternative item or refund your money.
Our warranty covers manufacturing defects, faulty materials and damages caused via delivery only. Proof of purchase and photographs will be required in order for us to replace the product. The warranty is only valid if:
- The product has not been misused or handled carelessly, and has not been wilfully damaged, neglected or used in abnormal conditions.
- The product has not been modified, altered or transformed in any way and repairs have not been attempted other than by The Home Furniture Store
- The warranty does not cover damage, loss, or other conditions beyond the control of The Home Furniture Store such as damage resultant from unauthorised repair, infestation, negligence, misuse, improper handling or abuse, wind damage, floods, fire, and any other events due to natural causes and damage caused by the improper use of the product.
- The cushions are stored in wet weather. The fabric is showerproof only and must not be left outside during heavy downpours, as this could cause water damage. The Home Furniture Store will not replace cushions or covers that are water damaged from being left outside in wet weather.
If you wish to cancel your order, please contact customer services on firstname.lastname@example.org. If your order has already been dispatched, please follow our returns procedure. If you are returning a parcels to The Home Furniture Store after cancelling an order you will be responsible for the carriage cost. Once you have placed an order, please note that we are unable to add or amend it.
We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The amended terms and conditions will apply to all purchases from the date of posting onwards.
We last amended these terms and conditions in January 2017. Errors and Omissions Excepted.